Description of CADD Courses
Triangle Tech's Computer-Aided Drafting & Design Technology program is a combination of architectural and mechanical drafting courses, which are designed to help you become one of the skilled professionals who can take a concept and turn it into a set of precise drawings.
At Triangle Tech, you'll be attending a top-quality Pennsylvania post-secondary technical school, while learning the industry’s most advanced CAD software, including 3D modeling software. You’ll take a variety of courses that teach you the valuable skills needed in industry. When you graduate, you'll be ready to take your place in an exciting and important field, and you'll start building a great career.
Graduates earn an Associate Degree in Specialized Technology (AST Degree).
CADD Curriculum Highlights
- Drafting Principles
- Fundamentals of Mechanical Drafting
- Computer Applications & CADD I (AutoCAD 2D)
- Mfg Processes, Mechanical Design and Cost Estimating
- Cams, Gears, & Kinematics
- CADD II (AutoCAD 2D & 3D)
- Residential & Commercial Architectural Design Theory
- Residential & Commercial Architectural Engineering & Cost Estimating
- Statics & Strengths of Materials
- CADD III (AutoCAD Revit)
- Job Communications, Specifications & Technical Writing
- Fabrication, Welding, Structural & Piping Drawings
- Mechanical & Electrical Systems
- CADD IV (Autodesk’s Inventor)
CADD Employment Opportunities
Through extensive computer-aided drafting and design training, our graduates are trained to be proficient entry-level drafters, CADD operators, estimators, specification writers, technical salespersons and perform in other technician positions related to drafting.
Are You Career Training Ready? Find Out! Take the Career Readiness Survey
The fun, online quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style, plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get Your Career Readiness score now.